Varsity Logistics, Inc. is the market leader in multi-carrier shipping software for the IBM iSeries. We are a growing organization with a compelling corporate culture and many opportunities to make a positive impact within the business. We are seeking a highly motivated, bright, and creative marketer who will work directly within the Sales Department.
Current Job Openings
Job Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst
Senior Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for assigned software development projects, maintenance of existing software programs, technical assistance to Varsity employees, including possible direct customer contact and assistance.
- Develop transportation management system (TMS) software applications under the direction of the Director of Development
- Unit test and document programming work
- Assist QA department in testing and third party certification processes
- Create project plans, schedules and milestones. Deliver projects consistently on time.
- Continue to expand your product knowledge and train Clients on the functions and features of our products
- Work in a small team or individually as required
- Use experience and judgment in completing tasks
- Take on other related duties as assigned
- College graduate preferred
- 5+ years experience in software development on the IBM AS/400 with good knowledge RPGILE environments including SQLRPGLE.
- 3 years experience with graphical development tools like Rational or Visual Studio
- 3 years PC application development utilizing Visual RPG, Visual Basic, CGI code 400 SQL Server and/or DB/2 UDB.
- Previous Commercial Software Development experience highly desired
- Previous experience developing transportation, logistics, distribution, or warehousing system highly desired
- AS/400 communications experience and skills desirable (FTP, Internet, Client Access)
- Demonstrate exceptionally high organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong self-motivation and time management skills
- High level of Customer sensitivity
- Compensation based upon experience
- Generous benefits package
- San Francisco corporate office or home based
Please submit resumes to Jennifer Ng [Tel: 650-392-7979; Fax: 650-392-7988]. Principals only.